Who doesn’t love good crunchy granola? Well, enjoy it even more and even healthier! This recipe is a great workout snack, as well as an excellent breakfast choice! It combines the perfect amount of carbs and protein, which can be sprinkled on top of your favorite greek yogurt or sugar-free applesauce for a good crunch! Did we mention it only takes 15 minutes to make?
1 cup unsalted cashews – chopped
1 cup unsalted raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1 cup unsalted pecans – chopped
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats- not quick cooking
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (can substitute for your favorite healthy nut butter!)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 pure maple syrup
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2) Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
3) In a bowl, combine cashews, pumpkin seeds, pecans, sunflower seeds and oats and set aside.
4) In the microwave, combine and melt peanut butter, oil, and Splenda Brown Sugar together. Stir together.
5) Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to coat.
6) Spread out the granola in a packed layer onto prepared baking sheet.
7) Bake for 40-45 minutes while stirring every 10 minutes to ensure an even browning throughout.
8) Remove from the oven and let the granola cool. Once cooled, break up granola and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (Serving size 1/4 Cup):