How would you like to start your day with this sweet American classic, guilt-free breakfast in under 30 minutes? That’s right! Did we mention it’s healthy?
200g wholemeal flour
250ml skimmed milk
200g fresh blueberries
1 tsp baking powder
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp sunflower oil
1 tsp pure maple
- 1) Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- 2) Beat together the egg, milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- 3) Gradually stir in the egg and milk mixture into the flour mixture until you get a smooth batter. Leave the batter to stand for a few minutes before cooking.
- 4) Crush half of the blueberries using a fork, leaving the rest whole and add to the batter.
- 5) Add a little oil to a non-stick pan. About 1 tbsp at a time, pour batter into pan to create small pancakes.
- 6) Cook the pancakes on a medium heat for 2–3 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 2 minutes. The pancakes are ready to turn when you see bubbles appearing on the surface. Serve with some low-fat yogurt if liked!
Nutrition Facts: Each 74g serving contains (excludes serving suggestion)